Wednesday 13 July 2016

Sense of Humour Failure

I haven't posted anything on here since the weekend, which is a shame because I've got quite fond of blogging. It's because my sense of humour has basically gone and it's my job's fault.

Don't get me wrong, I still like teaching. Not with the same manic zeal as when I started, but as a job it's fine. It'd be brilliant without relentless government pressure and the talking down of my profession, but that's by the by.

And there we have, ladies and gentlemen, the reason for my semi-silence. I am not in a happy mood. My students are not in a happy mood. The majority of the staff at my school are not in a happy mood. Each and every one of them is exhausted and irritable. The hysteria on the run down to the GCSEs even takes it out of people who aren't involved. Everyone needs it to be the summer holidays now; everyone needs to escape the pressure cooker for a few weeks.

I don't expect sympathy from anyone who's not a teacher because they can't get it. I'm just writing this because I don't think I'll be writing anything funny for a little while. Please do bear with me, though!


*ttttttttthhhbbpppp*

No comments:

Post a Comment