Saturday 9 July 2016

6.30am, Saturday morning, Chapman household

'Twas the morning of Saturday, when all through the house
not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The toddler had been placed in the bed with care,
in hopes that the sandman soon would be there.


The wife was nestled all snug in our bed,
while visions of beautiful babes danced in her head.
And me with my coffee and the morning so bright,
had just woken up early for a quick fiction write.


When from the baby monitor there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my desk to see what was the matter.
Away to the monitor I flew like a flash,
and switched on the screen to see another crash.




There would be more, but I'm needed now to play cooking or doctors or something.

Word count achieved: 114 (nearly all copied from the Wikipedia)

I am awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment