Monday 3 October 2016

Do you expect me to talk?

Never, ever trust toddlers with secrets.
It's Lyn's birthday this week and I thought it might be nice to include Celeste in some of the decision-making, so I took her to help me pick the cake at the supermarket.

ME: Okay Celeste. We're going to buy Mummy this cake and other birthday things, but you must promise not to tell her about it.

CELESTE: Must promise! Okay!

ME: It's top secret, so when we go home - no telling Mummy.

CELESTE: Okay! Shhh...secret!

ME: If Mummy asks where we've been, what do you say?

CELESTE: Nuffin'!

ME: Exactly.

Celeste and I go into the house.

CELESTE: Mummy! Mummy! We've got a secret!

LYN: Oh?

CELESTE: We've bought you special cake!

ME: Celeste, I...

CELESTE: And pink balloons!

ME: We said it was going to be a...

CELESTE: And pink candles!

ME: It was top secret!

CELESTE: Daddy said he hidden presents in office!


"Do you expect me to talk? Then I'll begin. Would you like my secrets in chronological order or in order of importance?"

No comments:

Post a Comment